Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ocean's Rush

Another weekend and another 2 movies, so let's get to it!

First up, Leatherheads. This is the new George Clooney football movie about how professional football got up and running. I'm not a big sports fan and I really don't like sports movies (because they are too predictable) but I did like the actors in this so I decided to give it a whirl. The movie is a little slow, but the story is good and it has some funny parts. I really liked Jim (John Krasinski) from The Office in it too. Surprisingly, most of the movie is about a love/manipulation triangle between two players (Clooney and Krasinski) and a reporter (Renée Zellweger). Also, Clooney seemed too similar to his Ocean character and I kept thinking Brad Pitt was going to come in and set up a gambling scam on the final game. Overall it's a pretty good movie and worth checking out.
Exp. Rating +5

I also finally saw August Rush. Ever since Felicity, I fell in love with Keri Russell and think she is an amazing actress (and hot too). Keri should have gotten an Academy Award for her performance in Waitress. Also, Mission Impossible 3 would have been a much better movie if she were in it longer than the first few minutes. She is the sole reason I wanted to see this movie and as a bonus, this movie is really good! All the actors are great but the kid, August Rush (Freddie Highmore), steals the show. The story overall is a little unbelievable but it doesn't hurt the movie and the music is excellent.
Exp. Rating +5

One quick unrelated note: Sunday at lunch I got to eat at a new restaurant in Irvine called "The Counter". When you sit down, instead of a menu you receive a pencil and a clipboard with an extensive list of ingredients that you select to build your own gourmet burger. There are 312,120+ different burger combinations! It was seriously amazing and the best burger I have ever had!
Exp. Rating +10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an acadamy award for Mission Impossible 3?!?!? No way, no substance to those movies at all, just an empty shell of explosions and Tom Cruise running.

Master Chief said...

Keri should have won an Academy Award for Waitress.
NOT for Mission Impossible 3! I'm just saying that movie would have been better with her in it more.