Sunday, May 4, 2008

Iron Man


This weekend I saw the first summer blockbuster, Iron Man. It stars Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow. First off, I don't read comic books and haven't really liked most of these comic book movies, but Iron Man has changed me. I really, REALLY liked this movie! Great story, acting and special effects (which were done by the same people who did Transformers). Unlike Transformers though, this movie is good! The director, Jon Favreau, did an amazing job with everything.

In an interview on the radio, Jon Favreau said big movies like these don't start out with scripts (like most other movies do). They start with an opening date. Then all the special effects and fight scenes are planned, because those take the most time to complete. Finally, the story is filled in around all the fight scenes and special effects shots. Using this model, you can now see why most comic book movies are terrible! He said it was a lot of work to make sure this movie was good. I say he did his job! Exp. Rating +10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand your rating scale. Shouldn't average = 0? Noob.