Sunday, March 9, 2008

Triple Kill

This weekend I put down the battle rifle and decided to watch a few fantasy movies.

First up was "Stardust". It's about a young man who journeys to a magical world to win the heart of his true love. On his campaign to find a fallen star for his true loves hand in marriage, he upgrades to a much hotter girl, sails with pirates, battles witches and discovers his destiny. It's a really enjoyable movie!
Exp. Rating +10

Next up, "The Spiderwick Chronicles". I haven't read any of the books and knew nothing about the story going into it other than it was a fantasy with monsters. It is a story about a magical, invisible world that exists within our own and a book is discovered that holds this worlds secrets and it must be protected from falling into the wrong hands. It was a fun hour and a half.
Exp. Rating +5

Finally, I attempted to watch "The Golden Compass". I say attempted because I was unable to finish the movie. About 45 minutes in, I just couldn't take any more. One of the worst movies I have ever seen! It has a terrible and confusing story and absolutely zero character development. Avoid it completely!
Exp. Rating -10


--- Tom Kore No More Parries Master Chief ---

Let me 'sticky nade' Master Chief's allotment of points to Stardust and Spiderwick Chronicles. -10 and -5, respectively. Proof that Master Chief would rather plug into the plasma that enhance the innards of his helmet.

Stardust - My halo-loving 8 year-old thought Stardust was lame with lack-luster special effects. Only saving grace was to see Deniro dancing in a tutu.

Spiderwick - My daughter's first eureka that movies suck compared to the book.
Put down the battle rifle MC and read :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

+10 for Stardust!?!?! That movie is just a bad script with special effects for filler. Also, you realize that you gave Stardust the highest rating possible with your rating system...does Stardust really eve compete with timeless classics like Apocolypse Now or Master and Commander??? I think the exp pts system needs to be re-worked.